As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you a pizza lover but following a strict keto diet? Then this DIY keto pizza recipe is for you. You don't have to sacrifice your cravings for the sake of weight loss. This keto pizza recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, and delicious. You can make it with just a few ingredients and customize it according to your taste. Let's dive into the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of cream cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, olives, etc.
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and cream cheese. Microwave it for 1 minute and stir.
- Add garlic powder, dried basil, baking powder, and salt. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add an egg and mix it thoroughly.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press the dough down and form it into a circular shape.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil (optional).
- Slice and serve hot.
Following a keto diet means significantly reducing your carb intake, which can make enjoying certain foods a challenge. Pizza is one such food that is typically high in carbs due to its crust made from wheat flour. However, with this DIY keto pizza recipe, you can indulge in a delicious slice without worrying about kicking yourself out of ketosis.
The key to a keto-friendly pizza is the crust. Traditional pizza crusts are made with wheat flour, which is high in carbs. However, keto pizza bases use alternative keto-friendly flours such as almond flour, coconut flour, or cauliflower, which are low in carbs and gluten-free. These bases not only taste great but also provide the perfect canvas for all your favourite pizza toppings.
DIY Keto Pizza Crust
To make the crust for this DIY keto pizza recipe, you'll need almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt, an egg, and warm water. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the egg, and mix well. Gradually add warm water and mix until you have a smooth dough. Roll the dough into a ball and flatten it into a pizza shape. Place the crust on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes until it's golden brown.
Now that you have your crust ready, it's time to add your toppings. You can use a low-carb tomato sauce or skip it altogether and opt for olive oil as the base. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and any toppings you like, such as cooked chicken, vegetables, or meats. Bake the pizza for another 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Not only is this DIY keto pizza recipe easy to make, but it's also highly customizable. You can experiment with different toppings to suit your taste buds and create a pizza that's perfect for you. Plus, by making your own pizza at home, you can be sure that it's keto-friendly and fits perfectly into your low-carb lifestyle.
In conclusion, this DIY keto pizza recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious pizza while following a keto diet. By using a keto-friendly crust and customizing your toppings, you can indulge in a guilt-free slice. Give it a try and discover just how satisfying a low-carb pizza can be!
If you really would like to speed up the process you could buy a lo dough pizza base or a keto pizza dough mix to make it easier for you.
Tips for making the best keto pizza
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you perfect your keto pizza game:
- Use a keto-friendly pizza dough mix as a cheat: Many companies now offer keto pizza dough mixes that are quick and easy to prepare. Simply add water, and you'll have a delicious pizza crust in no time. This is a great option if you're short on time or don't feel like making dough from scratch.
- Experiment with different toppings: While traditional pizza toppings like pepperoni and cheese work well with keto pizza, there are plenty of other options to try. Consider adding veggies like spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers for extra fiber and nutrients.
- Opt for high-quality ingredients: Since keto pizza relies heavily on cheese and meats, it's important to choose high-quality options. Look for organic or grass-fed meats and cheeses to ensure that you're getting the best possible nutrition.
- Use a pizza stone for a crispy crust: A pizza stone is a great investment for anyone who loves making homemade pizza. It helps to distribute heat evenly, resulting in a crispy crust that's sure to satisfy.
In conclusion, making a keto-friendly pizza is easier than you might think. By using a keto pizza dough mix and experimenting with different toppings, you can create a delicious pizza that fits perfectly into your low-carb lifestyle. With these tips and tricks, you'll be a pizza-making pro in no time.
Benefits of Keto Pizza
Keto pizza is a great option for people following a keto diet who still crave pizza. It is not only low-carb and gluten-free, but it is also high in healthy fats, making it a filling and satisfying meal. Here are some benefits of keto pizza:
- Low-carb and gluten-free: Pizza is typically high in carbs and gluten, which can be problematic for people with dietary restrictions. However, keto pizza uses alternative flours, such as almond flour or coconut flour, to create a low-carb and gluten-free crust.
- High in healthy fats: The ketogenic diet emphasizes consuming healthy fats, and keto pizza is a great way to incorporate them into your diet. The toppings are typically high in fat, such as cheese, meats, and vegetables cooked in healthy oils.
- Filling and satisfying: Since keto pizza is high in healthy fats, it can help you feel fuller for longer, reducing the urge to snack on unhealthy options later on. This can be especially helpful for people trying to lose weight.
- Customizable: One of the best things about keto pizza is that it is highly customizable. You can experiment with different crusts, toppings, and sauces to create a pizza that suits your taste preferences.
In conclusion, keto pizza is a great option for people on a keto diet who still want to enjoy their favourite food. With its low-carb, gluten-free crust and high-fat toppings, it is not only delicious but also beneficial for your health. So, next time you're craving pizza, consider trying a keto-friendly version instead.
Tips for keto friendly side dishes to serve with your keto pizza
If you're enjoying a delicious keto pizza, you might be wondering what keto-friendly side dishes you can serve with it. While there are plenty of options out there, it's important to choose sides that won't disrupt your low-carb diet. Here are some tips for keto-friendly side dishes to serve with your keto pizza:
- Keto Garlic Bread Who says you can't have bread with your pizza? With this keto garlic bread recipe, you can enjoy the taste of bread without the carbs. Made with almond flour and mozzarella cheese, this keto-friendly garlic bread is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Keto Salads are always a good idea for a side dish, and there are plenty of keto-friendly options available. You can make a simple green salad with spinach or arugula, add some cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, and dress it with a keto-friendly salad dressing.
- Grilled Vegetables Grilled vegetables are a delicious and healthy side dish that can accompany your keto pizza. You can grill zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and asparagus for a colourful and flavourful addition to your meal.
- Cauliflower Rice Cauliflower rice is a great low-carb alternative to regular rice. You can serve it plain or add some flavour with herbs and spices.
- Keto-Friendly Dips are a perfect side dish for pizza, and there are many keto-friendly options to choose from. You can make a spinach and artichoke dip or a cheesy jalapeño dip that's perfect for dipping your keto garlic bread.
In conclusion, there are many keto-friendly side dishes that can accompany your keto pizza. From salads and grilled vegetables to keto garlic bread and dips, the options are endless. Experiment with different dishes and find the perfect side dish to complement your delicious keto pizza.
Pizza is undoubtedly one of the most loved foods across the globe. However, it can be a challenge to enjoy this delicious treat while on a keto diet due to its high carb content. That's where keto pizza bases come in. These bases are made from alternative flours like almond flour, coconut flour, or cauliflower and are low in carbs and gluten-free.
To make a DIY keto pizza, start by preparing the crust. In a bowl, mix almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt. Add an egg and mix well. Gradually add warm water and mix until you have a smooth dough. Roll the dough into a ball and flatten it into a pizza shape. Place the crust on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes until it's golden brown.
Once the crust is ready, add your toppings. You can use a low-carb tomato sauce or skip it altogether and opt for olive oil as the base. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and any toppings you like, such as cooked chicken, vegetables, or meats. Bake the pizza for another 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The benefits of keto pizza are numerous. It's low-carb and gluten-free, making it a perfect option for people with dietary restrictions. It's also high in healthy fats, which makes you feel fuller for longer. Additionally, it's easy to make and customizable according to your taste.
In conclusion, this DIY keto pizza recipe is a perfect way to satisfy your cravings while following a keto diet. It's delicious, low-carb, and easy to make. You can add any toppings you like and customize it according to your taste. So, go ahead and make your own keto pizza at home. Not only will it help you stay on track with your diet, but it'll also be a treat for your taste buds.
- Is almond flour keto-friendly?
- Yes, almond flour is a great keto-friendly alternative to traditional flour.
- Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour?
- Yes, you can use coconut flour instead of almond flour, but the texture may be different.
- Can I freeze the crust?
- Yes, you can freeze the crust for up to 2-3 months.
- Can I use store-bought pizza sauce?
- Yes, you can use store-bought pizza sauce, but make sure it's keto-friendly.
- Can I add more cheese on top of the pizza?
- Yes, you can add as much cheese as you like, but keep in mind that it will increase the calorie count.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.