Keto Penne Pasta
Looking for a low-carb alternative to traditional pasta? Look no further than keto penne pasta! Made with low-carb flours like almond flour or coconut flour, this pasta is a great option for anyone following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. With its versatility and delicious taste, you can enjoy all your favorite pasta dishes without sacrificing your dietary goals. Whether you’re craving a warm and hearty pasta bake or a refreshing pasta salad, keto penne pasta has got you covered. Try it out today and discover the benefits of this delicious and healthy alternative!
Showing all 2 results
Keto Penne Pasta UK
Are you following a keto diet but craving pasta? Fear not! Keto penne pasta is the perfect solution for satisfying those cravings while keeping your carb intake low. In this article, we will explore the benefits of keto penne pasta and share some delicious recipes and tips to help you enjoy this tasty and healthy dish.
What is Keto Penne Pasta?
Keto penne pasta is a low-carb version of the classic Italian pasta dish. Instead of traditional wheat flour, keto penne pasta is made with almond flour, coconut flour, or other low-carb flours. This makes it a great option for people following a ketogenic diet, which is a high-fat, low-carb diet that helps the body burn fat for energy instead of carbohydrates.
Benefits of Keto Penne Pasta
- Low-carb: Traditional penne pasta is high in carbs, which can cause a spike in blood sugar levels and lead to weight gain. Keto penne pasta, on the other hand, is low in carbs, making it a great option for people on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
- High in healthy fats: Keto penne pasta is often made with almond flour or coconut flour, which are high in healthy fats. This can help you feel full and satisfied for longer periods, preventing overeating and snacking.
- Gluten-free: Many people have gluten sensitivities or allergies, which can make traditional penne pasta a no-go. However, keto penne pasta is gluten-free, making it a safe and healthy option for those with gluten sensitivities.
- Versatile: Keto penne pasta can be used in a variety of dishes, from classic Italian pasta dishes to Asian stir-fries. This makes it a versatile and delicious addition to any meal plan.
How to Make Keto Penne Pasta
Making keto penne pasta is easier than you might think. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and sea salt.
- Add in the eggs and mix until a dough forms.
- Add in water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into penne shapes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente.
- Serve with your favorite keto-friendly sauce and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking with Keto Penne Pasta
- Don’t overcook: Keto penne pasta cooks faster than traditional pasta, so keep an eye on it and don’t overcook it. Overcooked pasta can become mushy and lose its shape.
- Use a non-stick pan: When cooking with keto penne pasta, it’s important to use a non-stick pan to prevent sticking and breaking.
- Try different sauces: Keto penne pasta can be used in a variety of dishes, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different sauces and flavors. Try a classic tomato sauce, pesto, or a creamy Alfredo sauce.
Keto Penne Pasta Recipes
- Keto Penne Pasta with Marinara Sauce: This classic Italian dish is a favorite among pasta lovers. Simply cook your keto penne pasta, top with a homemade marinara sauce (made with low-carb ingredients like tomato paste and garlic), and enjoy!
- Keto Penne Pasta with Pesto: For a quick and easy meal, toss your cooked keto penne pasta with homemade or store-bought pesto
- Keto Penne Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli: This hearty and healthy dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Cook your keto penne pasta, then sauté chicken and broccoli in a pan with garlic and olive oil. Mix everything together and top with Parmesan cheese for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Keto Penne Pasta Salad: This cold pasta salad is perfect for a summer picnic or barbecue. Cook your keto penne pasta, then toss with chopped veggies like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers. Add a simple vinaigrette dressing made with olive oil and red wine vinegar, and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Is Keto Penne Pasta Healthy?
Keto penne pasta can be a healthy addition to your diet when consumed in moderation. It’s low in carbs and high in healthy fats, which can help you feel full and satisfied. However, it’s important to remember that keto penne pasta is still a processed food and should not be the main focus of your diet. It’s best to pair it with plenty of vegetables and protein to create a well-rounded and nutritious meal.
Keto penne pasta is a delicious and healthy option for anyone following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. With its low-carb content, high healthy fats, and versatility, it’s a great option for anyone looking to satisfy their pasta cravings without sacrificing their dietary goals. Try one of the delicious recipes we shared and enjoy the benefits of keto penne pasta!
Is keto penne pasta gluten-free?
Yes, most keto penne pasta recipes are gluten-free, as they are made with low-carb flours like almond flour or coconut flour.
Can I use regular wheat flour to make keto penne pasta?
No, regular wheat flour is not low in carbs and is not suitable for a keto or low-carb diet. Stick to low-carb flours like almond flour or coconut flour.
Can I freeze keto penne pasta?
Yes, you can freeze cooked or uncooked keto penne pasta for later use. Simply place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Is keto penne pasta high in calories?
Keto penne pasta is not necessarily high in calories, but it can be if you consume large portions or add high-calorie toppings. Be mindful of your portion sizes and choose healthy toppings to keep the calorie count in check.
Can I use keto penne pasta in place of regular penne pasta in any recipe?
You can use keto penne pasta in most recipes that call for regular penne pasta. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different, so it’s best to experiment and find what works best for you.