Keto Peanut Butter
Keto peanut butter is a low-carb, high-fat alternative to traditional peanut butter that is popular among people following a ketogenic diet. Unlike regular peanut butter, keto peanut butter is made without added sugars or fillers, making it a healthier and more natural option. It is also higher in healthy fats, which are important for maintaining ketosis.
To make keto peanut butter, you can use roasted peanuts or peanut butter powder, along with a keto-friendly sweetener like erythritol or stevia. You can also add in healthy fats like coconut oil or MCT oil to increase the fat content and boost ketone production.
Keto peanut butter can be used in a variety of recipes, including keto fat bombs, smoothies, and baked goods. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a delicious and satisfying snack.
Showing all 4 results
What is Keto Peanut Butter
Keto peanut butter is a type of peanut butter that is specifically made to fit into a ketogenic diet. It is a low-carb, high-fat alternative to traditional peanut butter that is perfect for those who are looking for a healthier and more natural option. Here are some things you need to know about keto peanut butter:
- It is made without added sugars or fillers.
- It is higher in healthy fats, which are important for maintaining ketosis.
- It can be made using roasted peanuts or peanut butter powder.
- It can be sweetened with keto-friendly sweeteners like erythritol or stevia.
- It can be made with added healthy fats like coconut oil or MCT oil.
- It is a great option for making keto fat bombs, smoothies, and baked goods.
- It can be used as a healthy and satisfying snack.
Overall, keto peanut butter is a delicious and healthy option for those following a ketogenic diet. It is easy to make and can be used in a variety of recipes to help you stay in ketosis and reach your health and fitness goals.
Low Carb Peanut Butter UK
The keto diet has gained popularity for its ability to promote weight loss and improve overall health. While following a low-carb, high-fat diet like keto, finding suitable keto snacks and spreads can be challenging. However, peanut butter, with its creamy and nutty flavour, can be a great addition to the keto diet. In this article, we will explore the benefits of incorporating keto peanut butter, discuss different options available, provide a homemade recipe, and share various ways to enjoy it on a keto diet.
Introduction to Keto Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a beloved spread that has been a staple in many households for years. It is made from ground peanuts, often with added oils and sweeteners. While peanut butter can be high in carbohydrates, there are specific types that are suitable for the keto diet. Keto peanut butter is made from roasted peanuts without any added sugars or hydrogenated oils.
The Benefits of Peanut Butter on the Keto Diet
Peanut butter offers several benefits when incorporated into a keto diet:
Rich in Healthy Fats
Keto diets require a significant intake of healthy fats to sustain energy levels. Peanut butter is a great source of monounsaturated fats, which are beneficial for heart health and provide a steady energy source for keto dieters.
Moderate Protein Content
While the keto diet emphasizes high fat intake, it’s essential to moderate protein consumption. Peanut butter provides a good balance of fats and proteins, making it suitable for keto.
Peanut butter contains keto dietary fibre, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy gut. It also contributes to a feeling of fullness, reducing the chances of overeating.
Choosing the Right Peanut Butter for Keto
When selecting peanut butter for the keto diet, it’s crucial to read labels and choose wisely. Look for the following characteristics:
No Added Sugars
Avoid peanut butter brands that contain added sugars or high-fructose corn syrup. These additives can increase carbohydrate content and hinder ketosis.
Opt for peanut butter made from 100% roasted peanuts or peanuts and salt. Avoid brands that use hydrogenated oils or artificial preservatives.
Low Carbohydrate Content
Check the nutrition label to ensure the peanut butter contains a low amount of net carbs per serving. Aim for peanut butter with around 2-4 grams of net carbs per serving.
Homemade Keto Peanut Butter Recipe
Making your own keto-friendly peanut butter at home is simple and allows you to have full control over the ingredients. Here’s a quick recipe to try:
- 2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon keto-friendly sweetener (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons keto-friendly oil (e.g., coconut oil or avocado oil)
- Add the peanuts, salt, and sweetener (if using) to a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high until they begin to break down and form a thick paste.
- Gradually add the oil while continuing to blend, until the desired consistency is achieved. Adjust the amount of oil based on personal preference.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor or blender as needed and continue blending until the peanut butter is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the homemade peanut butter to a clean jar or airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
Store-Bought Keto Peanut Butter Options
If making your own peanut butter isn’t feasible, there are several that are suitable for a keto diet. Look for brands that use simple, natural ingredients and contain minimal added sugars. Here are a few popular options:
- Crazy Richard’s Pure PB: This brand offers a peanut butter made with only roasted peanuts and a touch of salt. It contains 3 grams of net carbs per serving and is available in smooth or crunchy varieties.
- Nuttzo Keto Butter: Nuttzo’s keto-friendly peanut butter contains a blend of peanuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, flax seeds, and chia seeds. It has 2 grams of net carbs per serving and is available in smooth or crunchy varieties.
- Legendary Foods Peanut Butter: This brand offers a range of flavoured peanut butters, including chocolate chip, blueberry cinnamon bun, and apple pie. They are sweetened with erythritol and stevia and contain 3-4 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter: Justin’s peanut butter is made with only two ingredients: peanuts and salt. It contains 5 grams of net carbs per serving and is available in both classic and honey varieties.
Peanut butter is a delicious and versatile food that can be enjoyed on a keto diet in moderation. When selecting peanut butter, opt for brands that contain simple, natural ingredients and have a low amount of net carbs per serving. Making your own peanut butter at home is also a great option and allows for complete control over the ingredients. Enjoy peanut butter as a tasty snack or incorporate it into a variety of keto-friendly recipes.
- Is peanut butter allowed on a keto diet?
- Yes, peanut butter can be consumed on a keto diet in moderation as long as it fits into your daily carbohydrate allowance.
- Can I eat peanut butter every day on keto?
- It’s best to consume peanut butter in moderation on a keto diet, as it is calorie-dense and can add up quickly.
- What is the best peanut butter to buy on a keto diet?
- Look for brands that use simple, natural ingredients and contain minimal added sugars, with around 2-4 grams of net carbs per serving.
- How do I know if a peanut butter is keto-friendly?
- Check the nutrition label for the amount of net carbs per serving. A keto-friendly peanut butter should have a low amount of net carbs.
- Can I make peanut butter at home without added sugar?
- Yes, homemade peanut butter can be made without added sugar. Opt for keto-friendly sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit if desired.